In celebration of Open Access Week, San Jose State University will be hosting its biennial one-day conference on October 23, 2017. This conference theme invites reflections on where Open Access is now and how we got here. Topics can explore Open Access as it relates to education, publishing, science, data, etc. on all things Open: Open Access, Open Educational Resources, Open Education. Please consider submitting a proposal related to:
- How do we situate Open today?
- In what ways has Open been replaced with APCs and corporate models in publishing?
- How could we re-place or resituate Open to include the Global South?
We will consider proposals for individual presentations and panels organized around a theme. Presentations are scheduled for either 60 minutes or 30 minutes. In the final program, 30-minute sessions will be paired. We are also offering a lightning round session consisting of 10-minute presentations.
The cost to register for the conference is $40 and includes breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments. Registration will be capped at 75 attendees.
Deadline for proposals:
August 18, 2017 Extended to September 1, 2017
Notification of accepted proposals expected: September 8, 2017
Please feel free to contact the Program Planning Committee with questions:
Christa Bailey, Program Proposal Coordinator, at and
Adriana Poo, Program Planning Chair, at
Browse the contents of Open Access Conference:
- Open Access Conference 2017: (Re)Placing Open: Assessing the Current OA Landscape
- Open Access Conference 2015: Learning from Experience
- 2013 Open Access Un/Conference: Promote, Impact, Access
- San Jose State University, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, San Jose, CA, October 25, 2013